8th Essay Writing Competition
World Intellectual Property Day – April 26, 2019
For the last eight years, IP4kids in collaboration with S.S. Rana & Co. has been organizing Script it!™ , the annual essay writing competition to give young students an opportunity to understand the role played by intellectual property rights.
Theme of the Essay-
Young minds are encouraged to focus on the World IP Day theme i.e. Reach for Gold: IP and Sports, for their essays and hence may contemplate writing on topics related to intellectual property, innovation, creativity, and sports law etc. Some of the suggested topics are:
- Sports management and intellectual property
- Ambush marketing surrounding major sporting events
- Tackling counterfeiting and gray goods in the world of sports.
- The role of IP in sports
- Are sport moves patentable?
- Personality rights in the sporting world
Last date for Submission-
April 21, 2019.
- College and/or school students are invited to submit their essays focusing on theme i.e. ‘Reach for Gold: IP and Sports’ prior to the deadline of April 21, 2019.
- Qualified experts and judges appointed by IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co. will select the best 3 essays from each category.
- Following this, the winners will be announced on www.vidyadarshan.in/, www.ip4kids.in, IP©onnect®, S.S. Rana & Co.’s weekly newsletter, and social media portals of IP4Kids on April 26, 2019 i.e. World IP Day.
Rules for Participation-
- The competition is open only to school and college students (students graduating in 2019 can also apply);
- The participants shall mention the following on the front page in bold letters –
- Name of the participant(s);
- Name of the Academic Institution;
- Contact details including phone number and postal address;
- Copy of School/College Id-Card;
- Participants must mention “Script it!™ World IP Day – Eighth All India Essay Writing Competition” in the subject line;
- Entries must be original and in English only;
- Only one entry will be accepted from each participant. Co-authorship (up to 2 authors) is also permitted;
- The competition is open to essay of up to 3,000 words for school students and 4,500 words for college students. Entries outside the word limitation will be disqualified;
- The essay shall be disqualified if it is plagiarized. Due credit should be given to the concerned author and/or publisher(s) in bibliography and/or references, as the case may be, in proper 19th bluebook edition;
- The copyrights of the essay shall vest with IP4kids, Vidya Darshan Rana Charitable Trust and S.S. Rana & Co.;
- All entries are to be sent:
- By e-mail to email@example.com; ‘OR’
- Participants can upload their essay on the Script it! ™ web portal at www.ip4kids.in;
- All entries are to be sent only in MS Word (.doc or .docx) or .pdf format.
Awards  –
- The Awards would be given to students in two categories: a) College and b) School;
- Winner in the college category will be awarded prize worth INR 7,500 and winner in the school category will be awarded prize worth INR 5000, along with a certificate and an opportunity to author an article on any forthcoming issue of IP©onnect® of his/her choice.
- Second and third runner ups in the college category would be presented prize worth INR 5,000 and INR 2,500 respectively along with certificates.
- Second and third runner ups in the school category would be presented prize worth INR 2,500 and INR 1,000 respectively along with certificates.
- The top three winners in the college category may be given an opportunity for a paid internship at the Firm.
- Other deserving participants shall also be presented with certificates;
For further information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 91-11-4012 3000.
The competition intends to provide a platform to the students to share their views and to raise IPR awareness among them. The decision of the Judges shall be final. The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results and/or the date of announcements and publication of the results. The organizers also reserve the rights to withdraw any or both categories of awards if the entries thus received do not meet the aforesaid criteria. The organizers also reserve all the rights for Publication and reproduction of essay/write ups, due credit in this regard shall be given to the author(s).
 The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results.
 The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements and publication of the results
 In case of tie or in case of co-authored articles the prize money shall be divided amongst the participants