3th Essay Writing Competition
National Sports Day – August 29, 2019
August 29 is observed as National Sports Day every year across India. The day celebrates the birth anniversary of the Indian hockey wizard Major Dhyan Chand, who brought glory to the country in Olympics three times.
Past few years have been filled with achievements in the sporting arena. Country’s athletes have excelled in various tournaments, including the Olympics, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games and many more. From Sachin Tendulkar’s to Mary Kom to Milkha Singh to Sania Mirza to Viswanathan Anand, India has always given the most celebrated sportsmen to the world. The latest edition to the long list of sports achievers in India is Hima Das, the Dhing Express. She created history by winning five gold medals over the course of a month in five different international athletic competitions.
Looking at the passion for sports in the country, IP4kids a CSR initiative of S.S. Rana & Co. an IP and Commercial Law Firm, is organizing Write-a-Thon, an annual essay writing competition. This is done with the aim of instilling a sense of love and respects towards sports in the minds of young children as well as educating them about one of the most significant sports personalities of India.
Themes of the Essay(s)-
Young minds are encouraged to focus on the theme of “Legal Issues in the World of Sports”, for their essays and hence may contemplate writing on topics related to Intellectual Property, Innovation, Broadcasting, Licenses and sponsorship’s, merchandising, etc.
Some of the suggested topics are:
1) Competitive anxiety in the world of sports
2) ‘Every champion was once a contender who never gave up’
3) Competitive cheer: sports or entertainment
4) Women achievers in the world of sports
5) Gender bias in the world of sports
6) Fantasy Sports and the legal regime of the country
Rules of the Competition
- Participants should mention “National Sports Day – All India Essay Writing Competition-2019” in the subject line;
- Entries must be original and in English language only;
- Only a single entry will be accepted from one participant. Co-authorship (up to 2 authors) is also permitted;
- The competition is open to essays of up to 3,000 words for School students and 4500 words for college students. Entries outside the word limitation will be disqualified;
- The essay shall be disqualified if it is plagiarized. Due credit should be given to the concerned author and/or publisher(s) in Bibliography and/or Reference, as the case may be, in proper 19th blue book edition;
- Summary of the best essay will be published in IP Connect the newsletter of S. S. Rana & Co.;
- The copyrights in the essay shall vest with IP4KIDS and S.S. Rana & Co.;
- All entries are to be done via portal
- All entries are to be uploaded at the portal only. No physical form shall be accepted.
Last date for Submission-
August 26, 2019.
- Top 3 winners in each category will be given exciting prizes and cash prize, along with certificates;
- The Awards would be given to students in two categories: a) College and b) School;
- Winner in the college and school category will be awarded prizes worth INR 5000 each, along with a certificate.
- Second and third runner ups in the college and school category would be presented prize(s) worth INR 3,000 and INR 1,500 each along with certificates;
- The Top Three Winners in the college category will be given an opportunity for a paid Internship at the Firm.
- Other deserving participants shall also be presented with certificates;
For further information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 91-11-3056 2000.
Note: The competition intends to provide a platform to the students to share their views and to raise IPR awareness among them. The decision of the Judges shall be final. The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results and/or the date of announcements and publication of the results. The organizers also reserve the rights to withdraw any or both categories of awards if the entries thus received do not meet the aforesaid criteria. The organizers also reserve all the rights for Publication and reproduction of essay/write ups, due credit in this regard shall be given to the author(s).
 The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results
 In case of tie or in case of co-authored articles the prize money shall be divided amongst the participants