On the occasion of World Intellectual Property Day, 2023 on April 26, IP4kids in collaboration with S.S. Rana & Co. is organizing the 12th edition of Script it! ®, the annual essay writing competition. The competition is open for both school as well as college going students!
The theme for this year as chosen by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is “Women and IP: Accelerating innovation and creativity”.
THEME OF THE ESSAY
This year’s theme, i.e. “Women and IP: Accelerating innovation and creativity”, is a very apt and important topic, which deserves all the attention in the world. Women have been harbingers of science and progress since time immemorial, and even more so in the 21st century. From Marie Curie, Alice Parker or Tammarrian Rogers, the creator of Snapchat, all have left an indelible print in the fabric of the world, and have etched their names in the annals of history, to be remembered till the end of time! Let’s celebrate these extraordinary contribution of women in the world of innovation, creativity and intellectual property.
So, put on your thinking caps and grab your pens, and write wonderful essays celebrating the importance of women in fostering innovation and creativity and their integral role in the world of intellectual property! Participants are encouraged to formulate their own topics, based on the theme “Women and IP: Accelerating innovation and creativity”. We welcome submissions on any topic which covers the role and importance of women in science, creativity and innovation, and also the presence of women in the world of Intellectual Property (such as famous innovators and inventions and creators, influential voices in Intellectual Property – such as scientists, lawyers, etc.
LAST DAY FOR ESSAY SUBMISSION – 12:00 AM April 23, 2023 (Sunday)
1. Students are invited to submit their essays on the above-mentioned theme before the deadline.
2. The competition is open to all students (whether in school or in college).
3. The theme of the essay writing competition is “Women and IP: Accelerating innovation and creativity”. Participants are encouraged to formulate their own topics, based on the said theme.
4. Qualified Experts and Judges appointed by IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co. will select the best 3 essays in each (3 for school students, and 3 for college students).
5. Winners will be announced on https://www.ip4kids.in/ and on IP4Kids’ social media handles, on April 26, 2022 (Wednesday)
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
1. The competition is open for all students – whether in school or in college.
2. The essay should be within 3000 words.
3. The participant should submit the write-up in (one) Word (.DOC) file format only and submit the same through email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. Participants are required to provide the following details along with the essay submission, without which the entries will not be considered
|*Name of the Participant –|
|*Parents/Guardian Name –|
|*Phone number –|
|*Residence address –|
|*School/ College name-|
|*Class/ Year –|
|*School/ College Address –|
|*Email ID –|
5. Participants should mention “Script it! Essay Competition Submission” along with their name, in the subject line of submission email;
6. Entries must be original and in English or Hindi language only;
7. Only a single entry will be accepted from one person and the entry shall be disqualified if it is found to be plagiarized.
1. Prizes will be given to the top three winning participants, in each category, i.e. 3 for school students, and 3 for college students;
2. Top 3 winners from the college student category will also be offered internship opportunities with S.S. Rana & Co.
3. All other participants shall be presented with certificates of merit/participation.
Disclaimer: The competition intends to provide a platform to the students to share their views and to raise IPR awareness among them. The decision of the Judges shall be final. The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results and/or the date of announcements and publication of the results. The organizers also reserve the rights to withdraw any or both categories of awards if the entries thus received do not meet the aforesaid criteria. The organizers also reserve all the rights for Publication and reproduction of essay/write ups, due credit in this regard shall be given to the author(s).