On the occasion of World Industrial Design Day, S.S. Rana & Co., in association with IP4Kids, is organizing ‘CREATIO’TM 11th Annual Design Competition, 2023.
June 29th is universally recognized as the World Industrial Design Day and the occasion aims to promote the importance of Industrial Designs by shedding light on the numerous ways through which it contributes towards the improvement of economic, social, cultural and environmental factors globally. In this cyber age, design and aesthetics play an immense role in enhancing the brand value of any company and the same is evident from the fact that how some of the most breathtaking designs like the iPod, Mini Cooper and alike have reigned markets at some juncture.
S.S. Rana & Co., through their CSR initiative IP4Kids, by way of this Competition intends to provide a platform to students to share their innovation and creativity in the arena of industrial designs.
- ‘CREATIO’® – We invite young designers and innovators to create new designs and, with the aim to raise awareness and provides a platform for to exhibit one’s skills.
- Participate in CREATIO ® and get a chance to –
- Win recognition, acclaim and acknowledgement.
- Register your design with the “Indian Patent Office” and become a proud owner of an Intellectual Property Asset.
We shall assist you in filing and prosecuting the design application on a pro–bono basis (including the fee payable to the government/ IP Office).
- Rules and Guidelines –
- Participation in the competition is completely free of charge.
- The design submitted should be an original work of the participant and shall not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party.
- Entries previously sent and awarded in other Design competitions shall not be considered eligible and will face immediate disqualification.
- A participant can submit up to three designs; however separate entry has to be made for each design.
- Joint submission (only up to 2 designers) shall be acceptable.
- Design can pertain to any 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional article.
- During the competition, we would be keeping the designs of the students confidential and not publish them (in order to secure the novelty of their designs, which the students may file for design registration), so that to not destroy their novelty.
- The Process
- Participants are encouraged to submit different “views” of the design to give the Judges a fair idea of their creation.
- The design should be uploaded in either pdf or jpeg format, the image of the design thus submitted should not exceed 10 MB size.
- In case of a working model, the participant may upload the photographs of the same
- All entries and submissions for the Competition shall be e-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No physical form shall be accepted.
- The last day to submit the entry is June 29, 2023 (by 12:00 AM). Entries received after the deadline will not be eligible for the competition.
- Responsibility to comply with the guidelines and other conditions fully lies with the participants and neither S.S. Rana & Co. nor IP4Kids shall be held liable for any dispute raised by third parties.
- The Judges
- All entries shall be judged by a panel of intellectual property experts and design Professionals and the winners shall be selected by a consensus of the Judges.
- Qualified design experts and judges will then select the best design following which the winners will be announced on the IP4Kids website on July 30, 2023.
- The Judges’ decision shall be final and binding on all participants.
- Evaluation Criteria
- Visual Appeal
- Originality & innovativeness
- Clarity of the design
- Industrial Applicability
- The Prize
Last date for Submission- June 29, 2023
Entries will be judged on the basis of:
Awards will be given for three best designs by the Judges- “Master’s Choice”
Certificate of Excellence shall be given to all Winners of the Competition and Certificate of Participation shall be given to all participants.
This is our small endeavor to raise IP awareness in India and help the grass root innovators, artisans, creators and designers to realize their true potential by providing a national platform to them.