Essay Writing Competition
Republic Day – January 26, 2022
On the occasion of our nation’s 73rd Republic Day, IP4Kids, a CSR initiative of S.S. Rana & Co. is organizing ‘ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION IN CELEBRATION OF REPUBLIC DAY, 2022.”
Republic Day is notably one of the most defining events in Indian polity and governance. The Constitution of India not only lays down the fundamental rights of every Indian citizen, but also lays down explicitly how the three pillars of the the Legislature, the Executive and the Judiciary are supposed to function.
In an effort to spread awareness about the importance the Indian Constitution and the Rights, Duties and Functional Procedures enshrined therein, IP4Kids, is organizing an Essay Competition on the august occasion of our 73rd Republic Day.
Interested young minds are encouraged to focus on the theme of the competition and come up with essays on any one the following subjects (as applicable)–
Category A– For Std. IV to VII:-
- Democracy and Freedom of Speech in India
- How can Kids protect the Environment?
- Endangered Species and their Protection in India
For Std. VIII to XII:-
- Juvenile Justice System in India
- Legality of same sex marriages in India
- Artificial Intelligence and Human Rights Issues
- School students are invited to submit their essays on any one of the abovementioned topics (as applicable) before the deadline of January 26, 2022.
- Qualified Experts and Judges appointed by IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co. will select the best 3 essays in each category.
- Following this, the winners will be announced on https://www.ip4kids.in/ and on IP4Kids’ social media portals on January 31, 2022 (Monday).
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION-
- The deadline for submissions of essays is January 26, 2022 at 11:59 PM IST.
- No submissions will be entertained post the above-mentioned deadline.
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
- The competition is open to school students only.
- The essay should be within 1500* word limit.*The essay should not exceed word limit.*
- The participant should submit the write-up in (one) PDF or Word file format only and submit the same on IP4Kids through email at email@example.com.
- The participants shall mention the following on the front page in bold letters–
- Name of the participant including Class;
- Name of the School with address;
- Contact details of participant, including phone number and postal address.
- Participants should mention “ESSAY COMPETITION IN CELEBRATION OF REPUBLIC DAY, 2022” in subject line of submission email;
- Entries must be original and in English or Hindi language only;
- Only a single entry will be accepted from one person and the entry shall be disqualified if it is found to be plagiarized.
- Awards will be given to the top three winning participant, who shall also be awarded certificates;
- Other deserving participants shall also be presented with certificates of merit/participation.
Disclaimer: The competition strictly adheres to standard and respectful use of the National Flag, Emblem, and any symbol depicting the Republic of India and urges all students to adhere to the same. All images used in the course of this competition are post due diligence and does not infringe upon any copyright, as such usage falls under the provision of fair use for educational purpose under the relevant copyright laws.
Note: The competition intends to provide a platform to the students to share their views and to raise awareness of our Constitution and the rule of law among them. The decision of the Judges shall be final. The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results and/or the date of announcements and publication of the results. The organizers also reserve the rights to withdraw any or both categories of awards if the entries received do not meet the above-mentioned criteria. The organizers also reserve all the rights for publication and reproduction of submitted essays/write ups- due credit in this regard shall be given to the author(s).