IP4kids in collaboration with S.S. Rana & Co. is organizing Script it! ®, the 11th Essay Writing Competition on the occasion of World IP Day 2022 on April 26. The theme for this year as chosen by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is “We are young and innovative. Let’s build a better future with IP!”
THEME OF THE ESSAY
WIPO’s Theme for this year’s Competition aptly summarizes the essence of innovation and intellectual property for Kids. Today’s youth are beaming with ideas and their creativities and out-of-the-box thinking have indeed made lives better. “Seedographer”, a seed- sowing machine by young Rakesh Krishna K and the intuitive study material developed by 13-year old Namya Joshi are few in the list of Indians who have made a mark in the world of innovation at a very young age. To protect and monetize these innovations, it is imperative that these intellectual properties are adequately protected.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Both School and College Students are encouraged to participate in this Essay Competition.
LAST DAY FOR ESSAY SUBMISSION
April 26, 2022 (Tuesday)
- School students are invited to submit their essays on the above mentioned theme before the deadline of April 26, 2022.
- The competition is open to all students & they are invited to submit their essays focusing on theme i.e. “We are young and innovative. Let’s build a better future with IP!”
- Qualified Experts and Judges appointed by IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co. will select the best 3 essays in each category of School and college students.
- Following this, the winners will be announced on https://www.ip4kids.in/ and on IP4Kids’ social media portals on April 29, 2022 (Friday)
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
- The competition is open for school and college students only.
- The essay should be within 3000* word limit.* the essay should not exceed word limit.*
- The participant should submit the write-up in (one) PDF or Word file format only and submit the same on IP4Kids through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants are required to provide the following details along with the essay submission, without which the entries will not be considered
|*Name of the Participant –|
|*Parents/Guardian Name –|
|*Phone number –|
|*Residence address –|
|*School/ College name-|
|*Class/ Year –|
|*School/ College Address –|
|*Email ID –|
- Participants should mention “Script it! ® Essay on We are young and innovative. Let’s build a better future with IP!”.” in subject line of submission email;
- Entries must be original and in English or Hindi language only;
- Only a single entry will be accepted from one person and the entry shall be disqualified if it is found to be plagiarized.
- Awards will be given to the top three winning participants, who shall also be awarded certificates and exciting prizes
- Other deserving participants shall also be presented with certificates of merit/participation.
Disclaimer: The competition intends to provide a platform to the students to share their views and to raise IPR awareness among them. The decision of the Judges shall be final. The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results and/or the date of announcements and publication of the results. The organizers also reserve the rights to withdraw any or both categories of awards if the entries thus received do not meet the aforesaid criteria. The organizers also reserve all the rights for Publication and reproduction of essay/write ups, due credit in this regard shall be given to the author(s).