4th Essay Writing Competition
National Sports Day– August 29, 2020
National Sports Day is observed every year across India on August 29 to mark the birth anniversary of the legendary hockey player Dhyan Chand who was born on August 29, 1905 and won gold medals in Olympics for India in the years 1928, 1932, and 1936.
IP4kids a CSR initiative of S.S. Rana & Co. an Intellectual Property Law Firm, is organizing Write-a-Thon, an annual essay writing competition to give young students an opportunity to explore the possible future of sports around the world especially considering the Covid-19 pandemic.
Covid-19 pandemic has spread across the world and has forced the countries to implement strict measures of social distancing, lockdowns, restricted gatherings etc. in order to ensure public safety. Due to these much necessary preventive measures in place various segments including sports have been highly affected. Even though the world is trying to figure out a way to balance life and precautions against pandemic, many international sporting activities have resumed like Football, Cricket etc. With slow and steady steps, the Sports Industry across the world is taking a crucial look at opening its gate to resume its business.
Themes of the Essay(s)-
Young minds are encouraged to focus on the theme of “Future of Sports during Covid-19 Pandemic”, for their essays.
Some of the suggested topics are:
- Future of Sports Industry post Covid-19 pandemic.
- Sports Management and Intellectual Property
- The role of IP in sports
- Growth of Fantasy Sports during Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Personality Rights in the Sporting World
- Impact of Covid-19 on Sports.
- Role of IP in E-sports.
- Evolution of Sports Law around the globe.
Eligibility and Process-
- Participation is open to all Students under following Category
- Category A – School (all classes)
- Category B – Colleges/ Universities (Students from any stream can participate)
- Qualified experts and judges appointed by IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co. will select the best 3 essays from each category based on:
- Inclusion of the theme in the essay.
- Relevance of the subject matter of the essay
- Language and thought process of the essay
- Conclusion of the Essay
- The competition is open to essays of up to 2,000 words for School students and 2500 words for College/University students. Entries outside the word limitation will be disqualified;
- Last Date for Submission of entry is August 25, 2020.
Result Declaration –
The winners will be announced on www.ip4kids.in and social media portals of IP4Kids around August 29, 2020 .
Rules of the Competition
- Participants should mention “Write-a-Thon – 4th Essay Writing Competition to celebrate National Sports Day” in the subject line;
- Entries must be original and in English and Hindi languages only;
- Only a single entry will be accepted from one participant. Co-authorship (up to 2 authors) is also permitted;
- The participants shall mention the following on the front page in bold letters –
- Name of the participant(s);
- Name of the School/ College
- Contact details including phone number and postal address;
- Copy of School/ College Id-Card;
- The essay shall be disqualified if it is plagiarized. Due credit should be given to the concerned author and/or publisher(s) in Bibliography and/or Reference, as the case may be, in proper 19th blue book edition;
- All entries are to be sent:
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; ‘OR’
- Participants can upload their essay on the web portal at ip4kids.in;
- The copyright of the winning essay shall vest with IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co.;
- All entries are to be sent only in MS Word (.doc or .docx) or .pdf format. The cover page of the document/ entry submitted by email to email@example.com,must mention the Name, School/ College, Class/ Year, Mobile Number and Address of the Participant along with an attachment of the school/ college ID card.
- Top 3 winners in each category will be given winning certificates.
- Other deserving participants shall also be presented with certificates.
For further information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 011- 4012 3000 .
Note: The competition intends to provide a platform to the students to share their views and to raise IPR awareness among them. The decision of the Judges shall be final. The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results and/or the date of announcements and publication of the results. The organizers also reserve the rights to withdraw any or both categories of awards if the entries thus received do not meet the aforesaid criteria. The organizers also reserve all the rights for Publication and reproduction of essay/write ups, due credit in this regard shall be given to the author(s).
 The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results