5th Essay Writing Competition
National Sports Day– August 29, 2021
On the occasion of National Sports Day, S.S. Rana & Co. through our CSR initiative, IP4Kids is organizing Write-a-Thon- 5th Annual Writing Competition to bring an opportunity to young minds to assess & pen down the immense role sports plays in our lives and the impact it has not just on children but everyone in general. Moreover, as Tokyo Olympics 2020 conclude in the same month as the Annual National Sports Day and India’s prolific performance in the Olympics further accentuates the entire spirit of the nation.
National Sports Day is celebrated worldwide on different days, however in India, the same is celebrated on August 29, which marks the birth of the great hockey player Major Dhyan Chand. He won Gold Medals for India in Olympics in the years 1928, 1932 and 1936. National Sports Day was added in the list of celebrated days for the first time in 2012. Since then it has become a day devoted to sports and acts as an occasion that lays emphasis on the importance of being fit, healthy & engaging in various sporting activities.
Some suggested topics for the competition are as under:
For School Students
1. Use of IP in Sports
2. Ambush Marketing
3. Online Piracy in Sports
For College Students
1. Performance of Players & IP Violation
2. Image & Personality Rights vis – a – vis use of Marketing & Advertising
3. Broadcasting Rights
Eligibility and Process-
• Participation is open to all Students under following Category
1. Category A – School (all classes)
2. Category B – Colleges/ Universities (Students from any stream can participate)
• Qualified experts and judges appointed by IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co. will select the best 3 essays from each category based on:
1. Inclusion of the theme in the essay.
2. Relevance of the subject matter of the essay
3. Language and thought process of the essay
4. Conclusion of the Essay
• The competition is open to essays of up to 2,000 words for School students and 2500 words for College/University students. Entries outside the word limitation will be disqualified;
• Last Date for Submission of entry is August 25, 2021.
Result Declaration –
The winners will be announced on www.ip4kids.in and social media portals of IP4Kids around August 30, 2021 .
Rules of the Competition
• Participants should mention “Write-a-Thon – 5th Essay Writing Competition to celebrate National Sports Day” in the subject line;
• Entries must be original and in English and Hindi languages only;
• Only a single entry will be accepted from one participant. Co-authorship (up to 2 authors) is also permitted;
• The participants shall mention the following on the front page in bold letters –
1. Name of the participant(s);
2. Name of the School/ College
3. Contact details including phone number and postal address;
4. Copy of School/ College Id-Card;
• The essay shall be disqualified if it is plagiarized. Due credit should be given to the concerned author and/or publisher(s) in Bibliography and/or Reference, as the case may be, in proper 19th blue book edition;
• All entries are to be sent:
1. By e-mail to email@example.com;
• The copyright of the winning essay shall vest with IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co.;
• All entries are to be sent only in MS Word (.doc or .docx) or .pdf format. The cover page of the document/ entry submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org,must mention the Name, School/ College, Class/ Year, Mobile Number and Address of the Participant along with an attachment of the school/ college ID card.
1. Top 3 winners in each category will be given winning certificates& prizes
2. Other deserving participants shall also be presented with certificates.
For further information, please write to us at email@example.com or call us at 011- 4012 3000 .
Note: The competition intends to provide a platform to the students to share their views and to raise IPR awareness among them. The decision of the Judges shall be final. The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results and/or the date of announcements and publication of the results. The organizers also reserve the rights to withdraw any or both categories of awards if the entries thus received do not meet the aforesaid criteria. The organizers also reserve all the rights for Publication and reproduction of essay/write ups, due credit in this regard shall be given to the author(s).
 The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results