In collaboration with
S.S. Rana & Co.
10th Essay Writing Competition to celebrate
World Intellectual Property Day – April 26, 2021Small & medium businesses (SMEs) form the backbone of the global economy & play an integral role in the Indian economy as well, they account to 45% of the total industrial production, 40% of total exports & contribute immensely to the country’s GDP. Intellectual Property plays a vital role in creating economic value for SMEs & helps in advancing their business. SMEs can use their IP assets to build stronger, more competitive & resilient businesses which helps in creating jobs. With the world economy still recovering from the adverse impact of COVID-19, SMEs will play a key role in restoring the economy & through IP rights they will be able to gain prominence not just in India but also worldwide. IP4kids in collaboration with S.S. Rana & Co. is organizing Script it! ™, the annual essay writing competition on the occasion of World IP Day 2021. The theme for this year as chosen by the World Intellectual Property Organization is “IP&SMEs: TAKING YOUR IDEASTO THE MARKET”
THEME OF THE ESSAY Students are encouraged to focus on writing on the world IP day theme “IP&SMEs: TAKING YOUR IDEAS TO THE MARKET” The theme revolves around how IP can be used by SMEs to create economic value & increase their business. IP will assist Small Medium Enterprises to develop their industry and management policy. Every trader can create a strong value and a position for its product or service in the market, by adopting unique trademarks and brand names. IP rights have potential to increase the value of business through Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and various collaboration schemes. Some suggested topics are 1 Importance & benefits for SMEs 2 The need for IPR training for SMEs 3 The necessity to embrace open innovation in the 21st century 4 Piracy & SMEs 5 Innovation in SMEs amidst COVID-19 Last date for Submission- April 20, 2021 Eligibility and Process-
- All students are invited to submit their essays focusing on themes provided.
- The competition is open to all students & they are invited to submit their essays focusing on theme i.e. “IP&SMEs: TAKING YOUR IDEAS TO THE MARKET”’ prior to the deadline of April 20, 2021.
- Qualified experts and judges appointed by IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co. will select the best 3 essays based on the following criteria:
- The inclusion of the theme in the essay.
- The relevance of the subject matter of the essay.
- The language and thought process of the essay.
- The conclusion of the essay
- Result Declaration –
- The competition is open for all students.
- The participants shall mention the following on the front page in bold letters –
- Name of the participant(s);
- Name of the School/University/College;
- Contact details including phone number and postal address;
- Copy of School/University/College Id-Card;
- Participants must mention “Script it!™ World IP Day – tenth All India Essay Writing Competition” in the subject line;
- Entries must be original and in English only;
- Only one entry will be accepted from each participant. Co-authorship (up to 2 authors) is also permitted;
- The word limit of the essay is 3000 words & entries beyond the prescribed word limit would be disqualified.
- The essay shall be disqualified if it is plagiarized. Due credit should be given to the concerned author and/or publisher(s) in bibliography and/or references, as the case may be, in proper 19th bluebook edition;
- The copyright of the winning essay shall vest with IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co.;
- All entries are to be sent:
- All entries are to be sent only in MS Word (.doc or .docx) or .pdf format. The cover page of the document/ entry submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org,must mention the Name, School, Class, Mobile Number and Address of the Participant along with an attachment of the school ID card.
- IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co. accepts no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete and/or illegible entries will be disqualified.
- Winners will be awarded a certificate and exciting prizes.
- Other deserving participants shall also be presented with certificates;