In collaboration with
S.S. Rana & Co.
10th Essay Writing Competition
World Intellectual Property Day – April 26, 2021
Small & medium businesses (SMEs) form the backbone of the global economy & play an integral role in the Indian economy as well, they account to 45% of the total industrial production, 40% of total exports & contribute immensely to the country’s GDP. Intellectual Property plays a vital role in creating economic value for SMEs & helps in advancing their business. SMEs can use their IP assets to build stronger, more competitive & resilient businesses which helps in creating jobs. With the world economy still recovering from the adverse impact of COVID-19, SMEs will play a key role in restoring the economy & through IP rights they will be able to gain prominence not just in India but also worldwide.
IP4kids in collaboration with S.S. Rana & Co. is organizing Script it! ™, the annual essay writing competition on the occasion of World IP Day 2021. The theme for this year as chosen by the World Intellectual Property Organization is “IP&SMEs: TAKING YOUR IDEASTO THE MARKET”
THEME OF THE ESSAY
Students are encouraged to focus on writing on the world IP day theme “IP&SMEs: TAKING YOUR IDEAS TO THE MARKET”
The theme revolves around how IP can be used by SMEs to create economic value & increase their business. IP will assist Small Medium Enterprises to develop their industry and management policy. Every trader can create a strong value and a position for its product or service in the market, by adopting unique trademarks and brand names. IP rights have potential to increase the value of business through Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and various collaboration schemes.
Some suggested topics are
1 Importance & benefits for SMEs
2 The need for IPR training for SMEs
3 The necessity to embrace open innovation in the 21st century
4 Piracy & SMEs
5 Innovation in SMEs amidst COVID-19
Last date for Submission-
April 20, 2021
Eligibility and Process-
- All students are invited to submit their essays focusing on themes provided.
- The competition is open to all students & they are invited to submit their essays focusing on theme i.e. “IP&SMEs: TAKING YOUR IDEAS TO THE MARKET”’ prior to the deadline of April 20, 2021.
- Qualified experts and judges appointed by IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co. will select the best 3 essays based on the following criteria:
- The inclusion of the theme in the essay.
- The relevance of the subject matter of the essay.
- The language and thought process of the essay.
- The conclusion of the essay
- Result Declaration –
The winners will be announced on www.ip4kids.in and social media portals of IP4Kids around April 26, 2021 i.e. World IP Day.
Rules for Participation-
- The competition is open for all students.
- The participants shall mention the following on the front page in bold letters –
- Name of the participant(s);
- Name of the School/University/College;
- Contact details including phone number and postal address;
- Copy of School/University/College Id-Card;
- Participants must mention “Script it!™ World IP Day – tenth All India Essay Writing Competition” in the subject line;
- Entries must be original and in English only;
- Only one entry will be accepted from each participant. Co-authorship (up to 2 authors) is also permitted;
- The word limit of the essay is 3000 words & entries beyond the prescribed word limit would be disqualified.
- The essay shall be disqualified if it is plagiarized. Due credit should be given to the concerned author and/or publisher(s) in bibliography and/or references, as the case may be, in proper 19th bluebook edition;
- The copyright of the winning essay shall vest with IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co.;
- All entries are to be sent:
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; ‘OR’
- Participants can upload their essay on the Script it! ™ web portal at in;
- All entries are to be sent only in MS Word (.doc or .docx) or .pdf format. The cover page of the document/ entry submitted by email to email@example.com,must mention the Name, School, Class, Mobile Number and Address of the Participant along with an attachment of the school ID card.
- IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co. accepts no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete and/or illegible entries will be disqualified.
- Winners will be awarded a certificate and exciting prizes.
- Other deserving participants shall also be presented with certificates;
For further information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 91-11-4012 3000.
Note: The competition intends to provide a platform to the students to share their views and to raise IPR awareness among them. The decision of the Judges shall be final. The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results and/or the date of announcements and publication of the results. The organizers also reserve the rights to withdraw awards if the entries thus received do not meet the aforesaid criteria. The organizers also reserve all the rights for Publication and reproduction of essay/write ups, due credit in this regard shall be given to the author(s).
Disclaimer: In light of the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak, we will not be accepting any physical entry submitted. The submissions must be made electronically, and all the Certificates will be issued by the organizing committee, digitally.
We hope you and your near and dear ones are keeping safe in these trying circumstances.
 The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results.
 The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements and publication of the results