While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about” – Angela Schwindt
Children’s Day or Bal Divas is celebrated on November 14 every year on the birth anniversary of the first Prime Minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Panditji is fondly known as ‘Chacha Nehru’ amongst the children. He used to always say that children should always be carefully and lovingly nurtured, as they are the future of the nation and the citizens of tomorrow.
As per a report published in the Times of India, Haveela Mary Anil, a student of Jyoti Nivas College said that ‘when I look back on my childhood, I remember having fun as well as learning important values. For me, Children’s Day was a reminder of what a privilege it was to be a kid in n a world filled with endless possibilities, one in which we could dream endlessly and live as though the world was a stage and we could play any role we wanted.’
Children’s Day is a day to celebrate children just for being themselves. It is a day to listen to them, to marvel at their uniqueness and all they have to offer. They are the most active members of the society and if given a right platform can help start a conversation about important issues and can truly make a difference.
Thus, in an effort to spread awareness about the importance of education and innovation amongst children, IP4Kids, a CSR initiative of S.S. Rana & Co., is organizing an Essay Competition on Children’s Day on the theme, ‘A Step Towards a better India’
Young minds are encouraged to focus on the theme of Children’s Day, and hence may contemplate writing on topics related to –
1. Discuss Ban on Plastic
2. Contribution of Technology in Education
3. Artificial Intelligence – Boon or Bane
4. ‘Words have Power’
5. ‘Be the change you want to see in the world’
6. The importance of ‘Right to Education’
Last date for Submission-
November 16, 2019
1. School students are invited to submit their essays focusing on themes relating to innovation, technology, science, education, etc. before the deadline of November 16, 2019.
2. Qualified Experts and Judges appointed by IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co. will select the best 3 essays.
3. Following this, the winners will be announced on the IP4kids website available at www.ip4kids.in on November 19, 2019.
Rules for Participation-
1. The competition is open only to students belonging to the following Categories –
Class – V to VIII – Category A
Class – IX to XII – Category B
2. The participants shall mention the following on the front page in bold letters–
1. Name of the participant(s);
2. Name of the School;
3. Contact details including phone number and postal address;
4. Participants should mention “Title of the Essay” & “IP4Kids – Children’s Day Essay Competition” as the first page title;
3. Entries must be original and in English language only;
4. Only a single entry will be accepted from one person. Co-authorship (up to 2 authors) is also permitted;
5. The competition is open to essays of up to 1,000 words. Entries outside the word limitation will be disqualified;
6. The essay shall be disqualified if it is plagiarized. Due credit should be given to the concerned author and/or publisher(s) in Bibliography and/or Reference, as the case may be, in proper 19th bluebook edition;
7. The copyrights of the essay shall be vested with IP4kids and S.S. Rana & Co.;
8. All entries are to be sent only in MS Word (.doc or .docx) or .pdf format
9. All entries are to be done via portal
10. All entries are to be uploaded at the portal only. No physical form shall be accepted.
1. The Awards would be given to the top three students in each category;
2. The winners will be awarded with exciting prizes;
3. Other deserving participants shall also be presented with certificates;
For further information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 91-11-4012 3000.
Note: The competition intends to provide a platform to the students to share their views and to raise IPR awareness among them. The decision of the Judges shall be final. The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results and/or the date of announcements and publication of the results. The organizers also reserve the rights to withdraw any or both categories of awards if the entries thus received do not meet the aforesaid criteria. The organizers also reserve all the rights for Publication and reproduction of essay/write ups, due credit in this regard shall be given to the author(s).